Melanie J. Barton
Florida State University
Tallahassee, Florida

Many cancer patients experience anxiety sometimes due to the cancer diagnosis, sometimes prior to the diagnosis for reasons not related to the illness.
Different factors can contribute to the development of anxiety including: fear of what may happen in the future, side effects of medication or pain, past episodes of anxiety related to stressful events, lack of accurate knowledge of the risks of the disease, or untrained healthcare providers failing to notice or accurately detect or treat anxiety. DSM-IV-TR (2004) diagnosis of a medical related anxiety does not address the severity of the problem, the initiating cause of problem, the categories of the disorder, or co-morbidity factors. Education and communication is needed between patients and healthcare providers to adequately provide resources to lessen the development of the disorder and to properly treat it once it develops.
6/12/2012 03:52:23

i have read so many blogs about cancer but i found this blog so unique. your writing skills is too good.

9/3/2012 11:52:30

thank you for listening and commenting. Cancer can be such an overwhelming event that either makes or breaks a person. For me it spurred me on to greater things.

9/11/2014 05:09:41

All of the contents you stated with write-up can be as well good and are often very beneficial. Let me maintain it as the primary goal, appreciate it for giving the information maintain modernizing, impatient for much more posts. Cheers

6/27/2012 08:07:40

everyone has anxiety from time to time, but having cancer can make it worse. I hope this does help many people. Thanks for writing.

8/14/2012 01:58:40

All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts. Thanks

9/3/2012 11:54:07

thank you for writing. I am glad the information is useful. I hope you will read more of my blog and comment.

8/24/2012 08:01:59

Hi,This is a good post, indeed a great job.. You must have done good research for the work, i appreciate your efforts.. Looking for more updates from your side.Thanks

9/3/2012 11:55:35

My research was sparked by my own experience getting diagnosed with colon cancer. Thanks for commenting.

9/11/2014 05:08:39

All the subject matter people mentioned with post is actually way too excellent along with can be extremely practical. Let me maintain that planned, thanks intended for discussing the details maintain updating, impatient intended for more threads. Cheers

9/2/2012 05:40:07

Hi, I actually added your post in the list of my favorites. Looking forward for further updates on the same. Great Job, Keep it up.

9/3/2012 11:56:50

I hope you will preview all the shows I have done and listen to more. Let me know of your interests. Thank you.

Great piece of writing, I really liked the way you highlighted some really important and significant points. Thanks so much, I appreciate your work.

9/3/2012 11:58:10

Thank you for your compliments. I hope you will listen more to my radio show and tell me what you would like to learn about.

9/11/2014 05:12:43

Hi, My spouse and i truly additional ones post inside report on our preferred. Impatient regarding additionally revisions for a passing fancy. Congrats, Keep it up.

9/18/2012 01:48:05

Not only your contents but also the way you present the issue is awesome. Particularly this one is articulating the sense of the point. Keep it up.

9/18/2012 08:43:28

Thank you "fraxel." I hope no one you know has dealt with the cancer issue, but if they have I hope they were able to control the anxiety associated with the diagnosis.

9/27/2012 08:41:59

Interesting blog post! I really enjoyed reading this content. You are a brilliant writer. I like your way of presentation. Keep it up.

9/28/2012 04:09:32

It is informative. Looking forward to read many more such informative articles and blog posts.

10/8/2012 06:28:41

I am happy to find this content very helpful and informative for me, as it contains lot of accurate detailing about the topic, which I was searching for. Thanks a lot and good luck.

10/16/2013 05:09:15

This really is my very first time i visit here. I discovered so numerous fascinating stuff in your weblog particularly its discussion. From the plenty of comments on your content articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment right here! keep up the great work.

10/31/2013 10:39:11

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren't already Cheers!

11/2/2013 03:03:43

I think it is very beneficial and knowledgeable.

9/11/2014 05:11:09

Wonderful piece of writing, I must say i liked how you underlined some vital as well as considerable factors. Cheers a lot, My partner and i appreciate your work.

Leave a Reply.